On Saturday at the SCC Coaches’ Indoor Track and Field Invitational Meet at the Floyd Little Athletic Center in Hillhouse HS in New Haven CT, Precious Holmes of Hillhouse brought her record-breaking speed from the outdoor season indoors as she set two state records in the 600m run and the 300m dash. The junior from Hillhouse sped to the easy looking victory in the 600m Run as she sped through the 400m mark in about 60-seconds and continued to the finish line in 1:32.61 to break the former record of 1:33.43 set by Annelies Gamble of Amity at the 2009 New England Championships. Holmes returned later in the meet to win the 300m Dash in 39.09 to eclipse the former mark of 39.17 that was held by both Shayla Wallace of NW Catholic in 1996 and Stacey-Ann Smith of Bloomfield from the 2006 Yale Classic.
Precious Holmes of Hillhouse enroute to her 600m State Record.
Other meet highlight performances came from:
· Shelly Lindo of Brien McMahon in the Girls 55m Dash as she won in 7.34 over Adrian Jones of Bloomfield and Shatajah Wattley of Montville, both timed in 7.44.
· Harold Cooper of Hillhouse sprinted to a narrow win in the Boys 55m Dash in 6.64 to edge runner-up Daniel Jamieson of Windsor in 6.65.
· McKenzie Hollenbaugh of Glastonbury defended her 2011 title in the Girls 55m Hurdles as she won in 8.64 over runner-up Brianna Sims of Hillhouse at 8.82.
· Danny Lewis of Hillhouse displayed good form to win the Boys 55m Hurdles in 7.87.
· Brian Poirier of NW Catholic took the lead on the last lap of the Boys 1000m Run from Henry Wynne of Staples and held on to win in 2:35.26 to 2:35.28 for Wynne. Wynne showed his range as he returned in the 3200m Run later in the meet to win in 9:39.76.
· Sarah Gillespie of NW Catholic used a last lap surge in the Girls 1000m Run to pull away from Abigail Markowitz of Greenwich to win in 2:55.11 to 3:00.99 for Markowitz.
· Jake Feinstein of Newtown took the lead early in the Boys 1600m Run and held on for the win in 4:27.22 over a late charge by Mark Mackin of Griswold who finished in 4:27.65.
· Kellie Davis of Hillhouse used her win in the Girls 1600m Run at 5:13.62 for her warm-up effort for a narrow win in the 3200m Run later in the meet where she finished in 11:13.48 over runner-up Reid Watson of Glastonbury in 11:14.30.
· The Bloomfield Girls 4x400m Relay quartet of Rayanna Relerford, Alleah Red, Adrian Jones and Vanessa Whittingham won in 4:03.76 while Hillhouse was runner-up in 4:07.30.
· The Danbury Boys 4x400m Relay team of Eiljah Amoah, Shane Chiaravalle, Mikhail Kern and Austin Winter won in 3:34.60 to edge runner-up Staples in 3:34.84.
· The Immaculate Girls 4x800m Relay team of Alexandra Kaeslin, Jess Wojnicki , Maeve Riley and Maggie Christe claimed first place in 9:46.93.
· Cherraine Davis of Southington dominated the Girls Shot Put with a winning toss of 41'2.25".
· Nick Latty of Glastonbury cleared 6'6" in the Boys High Jump for the win.
· Tim Murphy of New Fairfield soared over the 14' mark to claim first place in the Boys Pole Vault.
· Brittany Grabill of NFA leaped 17'8.75" to win the Girls Long Jump as Alexa Eldracher of Amity placed a close second with a leap of 17'4.5".
Complete meet results are available on the Results page. A MySportsResults.com Flicker Photo Gallery of several events will be available by Monday.
Sarah Gillespie of NW Catholic closes to win in 1000m Run.
Tim Murphy of New Fairfield wins Pole Vault.
Jake Feinstein of Newtown enroute to 1600m Run victory.