Athletes have qualified in individual and relay events from the recent Class S, M, MM, L and LL to compete for individual and team honors at the 2019 CIAC Outdoor State Open Track and Field Championships on Monday, June 3rd at Willow Brook Park in New Britain.
The combined boys and girls meet starts at 1:30 pm for Field events with Track events starting at 2:00 pm.
2019 CIAC Championship Order of Events
Order of Track Events: (2:00pm start)
(Boys then Girls unless noted otherwise)
· 4x800m Relay
· 4x100m Relay
· Boys 110m Hurdle - Semi
· Girls 100m Hurdle - Semi
· Boys 100m Dash - Semi
· Girls 100m Dash - Semi
· 1600m Run
· Girls 100m Hurdle - Final
· Boys 110m Hurdle - Final
· Girls 100m Dash - Final
· Boys 100m Dash - Final
· 400m Dash
· 300m Hurdle
· 800m Run
· 200m Dash
· 3200m Run
· 4x400m Relay
Order of Field Events: (1:30pm start)
(Starting simultaneously. All field events in all State Championship Meets will now have a ten (10) minute check-out limit.
· Boys Javelin followed by Girls Javelin
· Girls Discus followed by Boys Discus
· Boys Shot followed by Girls Shot
· Boys High Jump followed by Girls High Jump
· Boys Long Jump followed by Triple Jump
· Girls Long Jump followed by Triple Jump
· Boys Pole Vault followed by Girls Pole Vault (or simultaneously)
Competitors in the shot, discus, javelin, triple jump and long jump, the three (3) trials and three (3) finals will be observed. The top nine (9) advance to the final round where all jumps and throws will be measured.
Team and Event Awards
Teams compete for the Championship and runner-up trophies that will be awarded at the conclusion of the meet based on event scoring of 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 for an eight-lane track.
Medals will be awarded for the first six (6) places in all events. All Open meet winners will be named as All-State and invited to the All State Banquet on June 19th, which will be held at the Aqua Turf Club, 556 Mulberry Street, Plantsville, CT.
Advancement to New England Boys and Girls Track And Field Championships
Advancement to the New England Championship is predicated on the competitor’s performance in the CIAC Open Championship. The top six finishers in the Open Championship will advance to the New England Championship. The 7th, and 8th place finishers only will be considered as alternates.
Athletes who qualify for the New England Championship must declare 15 minutes after the conclusion of the last event or alternates will be designated.
New England Boys and Girls Track and Field Championships, Saturday, June 8, 2019 – At Thornton Academy, Saco, ME
Spectator Fees for Open Meet:
Charges for Class and State Open Championships will be: * Subject to change depending on venue:
· $5.00 – Senior citizens (age 65 and older)
· $5.00 – Students (Grades 1-12)
· $10.00 – Adults (All others not in the above categories)
· Free – Children five (5) and under
· Free – Military with I.D. or in uniform
Safety is an emphasis at all CIAC events. Many events are potentially dangerous if proper precautions are not observed. Spectators may not be on the field and must remain in the assigned spectator areas.
· The Performance List for all of the CIAC State Open Championship Meet is available at the CIAC Outdoor Track and Field website: http://ciacsports.com/site/?page_id=972
· The complete list of CIAC State Open Championship Meet Records are available on the MySportsResults.com Outdoor Records page sponsored by soundRUNNER Scholastic with stores in Branford, Fairfield, Glastonbury and Old Saybrook.
· Visit the new site for Connecticut High School State Records for Indoor and Outdoor Track & Field at My Track and Field Records.