The Hillhouse Boys and Girls team made a clean sweep of team titles today at the Southern Connecticut Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships at Lyman Hall High School in Wallingford CT.
While the chase for the Boys title was close between Hillhouse (85) and Wilbur Cross (83) the Girls title was far less dramatic as Hillhouse scored 121 points over runner-up Shelton with 76 points.
Multiple winners in individual events included:
· Christopher Piagett of Hamden blazed to victories in the 100m (10.98) and 200m (22.37) dashes.
· Robbie Cozean of Xavier took top honors in both the 1600m (4:17.94) and 3200m (9:29.76).
· Deshaune Poole of Hillhouse took home gold in the 110m (14.36) and the 300m (40.11) hurdles. He set a new meet record in the 110m hurdles eclipsing the former mark of 14.41 set by Teshomo Sinclair, Hillhouse in 1997.
· Erica Marriott of North Haven sped to title in the 100m (12.82) and 200m (25.00) dashes.
· Meredith Bloss of Guilford took top honors in both the 1600m (5:27.94) and the 3200m (11:52.26).
· Leah Moore of Hillhouse scored first places in the Shot Put (42-2.75) and the Discus Throw (113-2).
Also, of note was the performance by Jordan Davis of Sheehan who set a new meet record in the Javelin Throw with a mark of 208-01 that erased the former mark of 207-06 set by Brian Chaput of East Haven in 1999.
The complete meet results are available for the SCC Outdoor TF Championships on the Results page sponsored by soundRUNNER Scholastic with stores in Branford, Fairfield, Glastonbury and Old Saybrook.
NOTE: MySportsResults.com publishes the results received/posted from meet directors and timing companies. If you don't see your results or if you think that the results are incorrect then ask your local coach to contact the meet director to send us the corrected meet results. Do not send an email to MySportsResults asking to correct the posted results.