Performances at the 5th Wintergreen Invitational today were highlighted by three new event records at the meet held at Moore Fieldhouse at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven CT. The latest meet records are available on the MySportsResults.com Indoor Records page sponsored by soundRUNNER Team Nights with stores in Branford, Fairfield, Glastonbury and Old Saybrook.
New meet records included:
· Andrew Malling of New Canaan lowered the former time of 8:58.50 in the Boys 3000m Run with a winning time of 8:54.96 that was also a personal record. The former record was set by Kyle Beaudette of Amity in 2015.
· The Boys 4x800m Relay meet record of 8:44.64 set in 2017 was also broken as the Daniel Hand quartet of Max Genther, Crew Carone, Carson Hines and Connor Parthasarthy combined for a winning time of 8:44.31.
· The Boys Shot Put featured a new meet record by Jack Conley of New Canaan as his throw reached 50’08” to smash the former mark of 47’1.5” set by Tristan Pruzinsky of Derby in 2017. His effort also equaled his personal record. Jonathan Prell of Simsbury finished as runner-up with a toss of 50’5” that also eclipsed the former record.
More notable performances were accomplished by:
· Elizabeth St George of New Canaan ran to a personal record 7.50 to win the finals of the Girls 55m Dash.
· Sophomore Shelby Dejana of Wilton sped to her person record time of 8.85 to claim victory in the Girls 55m Hurdle finals.
· Senior Chaz Williams of New Britain won the Boys 55m Hurdles finals in a quick 7.99 that established his personal record.
· Naomi Cimino of New Canaan won the Girls Shot Put with a personal best 35’0.5”.