The 3rd Wilton Wright Invitational featured five new meet records at the meet held at Moore Fieldhouse at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven CT on Saturday, December 29, 2018. The latest meet records are available on the MySportsResults.com Indoor Records page sponsored by soundRUNNER Team Nights with stores in Branford, Fairfield, Glastonbury and Old Saybrook.
New meet records included:
· Before winning the finals of the Girls 55m Dash in 7.50, sophomore Kisha Francois of East Haven sped to a new meet record of 7.46 in a semi-final heat. She had set the previous meet record of 7.54 at the 2017 meet.
· The Girls 600m Run featured a new meet record as Elsa Martin of Simsbury won in 1:40.67 to lower the former time of 1:41.37 set by Madison Clark of Tolland in 2016.
· Senior Isabella Azar-Brandes of Pomperaug set a new meet record in the Girls 55m Hurdles, first in the preliminary heat in 9:32 then in winning the final heat in 9.11. The former mark of 9.84 for the event was set in 2016.
· The Boys High Jump was highlighted by a new meet height of 6’8” by senior Ja’Kwan Hale of Derby as he reset his previous mark of 6’0” set in 2017.
· The final meet record was set in the Boys Pole Vault as Nicholas Costantini of Foran cleared 13’6” on his first attempt at the record height. The previous record height was 13’0” set by Zachary Burleigh of Southington in 2017.