Attention Coaches / Athletic Directors / Parents,
Mother nature is not cooperating. Expect rain and muddy conditions Saturday. Latest forecast calls for rain diminishing through the day. The theme is “Oregon sunshine.” If it were a nor’easter with high winds, we would have moved the meet to Sunday.
Safety is most important on Saturday. Attached is a check list for you and your athletes.
· Pop up tents are a must for rainy conditions. Please stake down your tents
· If you are competing in the West B races only, the best time to arrive is after the conclusion of the East B races or approx. 11:45. If you have “A” racers you must arrive at least 2 hours before the Girls “A” race or 10:00.
· Please enter inexperienced runners in the “B” races. Never place a runner over his or her head. You do not have to enter any runners in the “A” races.
· Make sure runners are overdressed in layers. Knit hats help keep in body heat. No athlete should be cold. Dry fit works best in rainy conditions. A change of clothes for after their race is also recommended.
· It’s a good idea to bring blankets on the bus just in case. Fleece works best.
Expenses for this meet are staggering. Please remind parents that when they purchase a t-shirt, they are helping continue this great meet. Cash sales only
There are over 2,600 reasons to celebrate Saturday. Let’s make it a great day for the kids!!!
Best in Running,
Mike Bendzinski, Meet Director