Coaches of Connecticut middle school teams are invited to register their teams for the 26th CT Middle School State XC Championships starting at 10:30 am on Saturday, November 3, 2018. The meet is open to all Connecticut middle school coaches and their athletes competing with their middle school team in 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades. The meet is also open to Connecticut Club teams and individual participants for middle school athletes in 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades. Note that Club teams are not eligible for team scoring and team awards.
Coaches must start their meet registration by submitting the required Intent to Enter form on the Meet Registration page before 7:00pm on Friday, October 19, 2018 to be eligible for event registration in Athletic.net
Coaches must finish their meet registration with Athletic Net event entries by 7:00pm Eastern, Friday, October 26, 2018. Coaches are required to submit online entries using the Athletic.net registration system for athletes on all team types (School, Club and Individuals).
General registration details this year include:
- NEW THIS YEAR: Meet Management will designate your school in Large or Small Classes based on school size for student population in Grades 6-7-8 for additional team awards. Does not apply to Club Teams since they are not eligible for the additional Class team awards.
School sizes of Small or Large are assigned by meet management after all entries are completed with schools of 526 or more students in Grades 6-7-8 assigned to the Large Class and schools with 525 or less students are assigned to the Small Class.
- School assignments to East and West of CT River divisions where some West schools are assigned to the East to balance race sizes. See 2018 Team Assignments for East-West Divisions chart on Meet Registration page.
Your Intent to Enter form receipt will also designate your East or West Team Division.
UPDATED THIS YEAR: The following towns have been moved from the EAST Division to the WEST Division: Berlin, Bloomfield, East Granby, Guilford, Meriden, New Britain and West Hartford.
- Wickham Park management has limited the number of total participants such that all 'B' Races have a team limit of 15 runners, a decrease from 20 runners from last season.
- Wickham Park management has raised the parking fee to $10.00 per car. A portion of the parking fee is used to hire police services for vehicles entering and leaving the park.
- All event entry registration uses the Athletic.net entry system. Coaches should prepare well in advance to setup their Athletic.net coaching account in order to properly register for the meet.
Coaches should review the Meet Information, Registration Instructions and Order of Events pages at the official 26th CT Middle School State XC Championship meet website for all meet details, course maps and reports.