The Panther Invitational Track & Field Meet featured five new meet records in events held at Plainfield High School in Central Village, CT on Saturday, April 21, 2018. The new meet records are available on the MySportsResults.com Outdoor Records page sponsored by soundRUNNER Team Nights with stores in Branford, Fairfield, Glastonbury and Old Saybrook.
New meet records included:
· Alexandra Ross of Glastonbury lowered her 3200m Run Varsity meet record of 11:17.83 set last year with her winning time of 11:15.10.
· Erin McGill of Glastonbury won the 400m Dash Varsity event in 57.91 to eclipse the former mark of 58.91 set by Jillian Mars of Bloomfield in 2016.
· The Boys Shot Put record of 51’0” by Ryan Bolduc of Stonington set in 2011 was broken by Mike Burchell of Daniel Hand with his winning heave of 51’10”.
· The Girls Long Jump record was also furthered as Selina Soule of Glastonbury leaped 17’2” to reset the former mark of 17’0” by Jahleah Harris of Bloomfield in 2016.
· Brendan Sholes of Norwich Free Academy cleared 6’6 in the Boys High Jump that increased the meet record of 6’4” previously held by several athletes.