The state qualifiers from the recent CIAC State Open meet are making final plans in order to be ready to compete for All New England honors at the 31st Annual New England Interscholastic Indoor Track & Field Championships on Saturday, 3/3/2018 at the Reggie Lewis Track & Athletic Center in Boston MA. The top six (6) finishers in all CIAC State Open events, except pole vault and the sprint medley relay, qualified for the New England Championship. Athletes had declared their intent to enter the New England Meet upon receipt of their State Open awards.
The top ranked state athletes who are scheduled to compete at the meet on Saturday include:
· Dinedye Denis of Simsbury and Aisha Gay of Hamden are 2nd and 6th seeds in the 55m Dash.
· The 300m Dash features 2nd seeded Aisha Gay, 4th seeded Jillian Mars of Bloomfield and 5th seeded Dinedye Denis.
· Genevieve DeWinter of Greenwich and Nyia White of Hillhouse are 4th and 6th seeds in the 600m Run.
· Emily Philippides of Greenwich is seeded 6th in the 1000m Run.
· Lauren Moore of Danbury is a 9th seed in the 1-Mile Run.
· Elizabeth Stockman of Rocky Hill is seeded 3rd in the 2-Mile Run.
· The 55m Hurdles feature seeded athletes Tess Stapleton of Fairfield Ludlowe (3rd) and Kalli'Ana Botelho of Griswold (6th).
· The 4x200m Relay is highlighted by the 5th seeded Windsor and 7th seeded Conard teams.
· Hamden, Greenwich and Glastonbury are the 3rd, 7th and 8th seeded teams in the 4x400m Relay.
· The Glastonbury 4x800m Relay team is the top seed and defending champion with their 9:21.45 Open Meet Record time with Greenwich as 5th and Fairfield Ludlowe as 8th seeds.
· Allyson Lewis of Norwich Free Academy (3rd seed) and Patricia Mroczkowski of Berlin (5th seed) will vie for the High Jump title.
· The Long Jump offers Jahleah Harris of Bloomfield (6th seed) and Kalli'Ana Botelho of Griswold (7th) leaping for a title.
· Amanda Howe of Southington (5th seed) and Celyna Custodio of Danbury (9th seed) are featured in the Shot Put.
· Leon Campbell of Hartford Public (5th seed) and Dylan Hatajik of East Lyme (9th seed) will compete for the 55m Dash title.
· The 300m Dash contingent includes 9th seeded Kymali Hays of University and 10th seeded Christopher Colbert of Wilton.
· Malcom Going of Danbury is the top seed in the 600m Run with a time of 1:20.40 with Marcus Manson of Windsor as the 4th seed.
· Miller Anderson of Hall, Ian Bartlett of Fairfield Ludlowe, Joe Pearl of Manchester, Ken Little of Derby and Stephen Sutton of Tolland are the 5-6-7-8-9 seeds in the 1000m Run.
· Alexander Korczynski of Windham (4:16.98) and William Landowne of Staples (4:18.78) are the top two seeds in the 1-Mile Run.
· Third seeded Drew Thompson of Fairfield will lead a strong group of 2-Milers as he is joined by Daniel Nichols of Danbury (4th seed), Brendan Murrary of Cheshire (8th seed) and Trey Cormier of Hall (9th seed).
· The 55m Hurdles features Deshaune Poole of Hillhouse as 2nd seed and Edward Williams of Sacred Heart as 3rd seed.
· The 4x200m Relay shows Hartford Public as 5th seed and Danbury as 9th seed.
· Defending champion Danbury is seeded at 7th in the 4x400m Relay while Derby is 11th seed.
· The 4x800m Relay features the 8-9-10 seeds of Xavier, Fairfield Prep and Hall.
· Ja'kwan Hale of Derby is top seeded in the High Jump at 6’8” with Chet Ellis of Staples a close 2nd seed at 6’6”.
· Another top seeded athlete is Dyshon Vaughn of Career Magnet in the Long Jump with his mark of 23’8.5” as George Stoughton of Wethersfield is seeded 8th.
· Michael Browning of RHAM is seeded 6th in the Shot Put with Collin Martin of Plainville seeded 9th and Edward Radzion of Shelton seeded 10th.
The Performance Report of entrants is available at: 2018-Indoor-Track-Performance-List
Complete meet information is available from the 2018 New England Track and Field Championships website.