Join us Saturday on Twitter at @MSRFinishline for enhanced meet coverage of competition of the top performances at the 2018 CIAC State Open Indoor Track and Field Championship meet at Floyd Little Athletic Center in New Haven CT starting at 12:00pm.
The 2018 CIAC State Open Indoor Track and Field Championship meet features athletes from Boys and Girls teams who qualified from one of four Class Meets last week. They are competing for overall championship honors as well as a spot at the New England Championships meet on March 3, 2018 in Boston MA. The meet also provides the opportunity for athletes to better their own performances that serve as qualifying marks for upcoming national meets.
The Danbury Boys team has won two consecutive titles and is looking for their thirteenth overall title against contenders such as Derby, Hall, Hillhouse and Staples. The defending Bloomfield Girls team is seeking their second title in a row and with challengers including Danbury, Greenwich, Fairfield Ludlowe and Hamden.
Individual event winners from last year slated to compete include:
· Emily Philippides of Greenwich in Girls 1000m Run
· Kalli'Ana Botelho of Griswold in the Girls High Jump
· Jahleah Harris of Bloomfield in the Girls Long Jump
· Alexander Korczynski of Windham in the Boys 1600m Run
· Edward Radzion of Shelton in Boys Shot Put
Order of Events for the CIAC State Meets (Girls then Boys unless noted otherwise):
· 4x200m Relay
· 4x800m Relay
· 55m Hurdles - Trials
· 55m Dash - Trials
· 1000m Run
· 600m Run
· 55m Hurdles - Finals - (Boys then Girls)
· 55m Dash - Finals - (Boys then Girls)
· 1600m Run
· 1600m Sprint Medley Relay (1-1-2-4 laps) - 3turn stagger
· 300m Dash
· 3200m Run
· 4x400m Relay
Pole vault, shot put, long jump and high jump start concurrently with running events. The order is as follows:
· High Jump (Boys then girls) Five alive protocol
· Long Jump (Girls then boys)
· Shot Put (Girls then boys)
· Pole Vault (Boys then girls) Five alive protocol
View the latest Performance List of starting athletes at the CIAC Indoor Track & Field home page under the link for OPEN Details.
View the current CIAC State Open Boys and Girls Meet Records available on the MySportsResults.com Indoor Records page and sponsored by the soundRUNNER Weekly MVPs with stores in Branford, Fairfield, Glastonbury and Old Saybrook.
The soundRUNNER Indoor Track and Field MVPs for Week 8 will be announced after the conclusion of the CIAC State Open Meet as well as how you can vote for your MVP and a chance to win another $50 soundRUNNER Gift Card!
Northeast Sports Timing Service is providing finish line and results services for the 2018 CIAC State Open Indoor Track and Field Championship meet.