At the CIAC Class M Outdoor Track and Field Championship today at Willow Brook Park in New Britain CT the Tolland Girls team scored their fifth consecutive team title by a 106 to 74 point margin over runner-up Weston. The Northwest Catholic Boys team returned to winner’s circle at the Class M meets after a 30-year hiatus with a narrow 87 to 65.50 point win over second place Seymour.
The seventh team title by the Tolland Girls team at the CIAC Girls Class M Championship featured several first place efforts including a double win from defending champion Caitlin Swanson in the 1600m (5:09.76) and the 3200m Run in (10:59.99). Tolland also took 2,4,6 in the 3200m by Hayley Collins, Michaela Caron and Sidney Perryman. Julia Sprout took top honors in the 400m Dash in 58.27 followed by Karissa Laramie in 3rd place. Tolland took first in the 4x800m Relay in 9:41.85 from the quartet of Kaitlyn Bedard, Katherine Deloreto, Brooke Bonadies and Julia Sprout. Tolland finished the meet with a win in the 4x400m Relay in 4:04.22 with the team of Karissa Laramie, Julia Sprout, Maddie Clarkand Brooke Bonadies. In field events, the only first place came from defending champion AmyErin Zadroga in the Pole Vault as she cleared 11’00”.
More top performers in the CIAC Class M Girls Outdoor Track and Field Championship included:
· Defending champion Jada Harris of St. Joseph flew over the 100m Hurdles to win the finals in 14.79. Harris also soared in the High Jump to win with a height of 5’6”.
· Jesica Litwa of Seymour was another double event winner as she scored a first place in the Shot Put with a 37’0” effort and defended her title in the Discus Throw with a toss of 119’10”.
· Kate Hall of Stonington took home gold in the 100m Dash in 12.56.
· The 200m Dash featured a win by Savada Robinson of Oxford in 25.91.
· In the 300m Hurdles, Brittany Torchia of Griswold won in 46.21.
· Rhemi Toth of Weston secured a victory in the 800m Run in 2:16.40.
· The 4x100m Relay was won by Griswold in 50.07.
· Abby Gothers of East Catholic leaped 16’4.4.25 to take gold in the Long Jump.
· Nathalie Feingold of Weston hopped, skipped and jumped to victory in the Triple Jump with her effort of 35’6.25”.
· Sophia Jagoe-Seidl of St. Joseph claimed top honors in the Javelin Throw with a mark of 123’3”.
The Northwest Catholic Boys team returned to the CIAC Class M Boys Championship in winning style after competing in the Class S meets the last three decades. Their only Class M team title in 1986 was followed by six Class S titles with the latest in 2012. The Northwest Catholic team title this year was highlighted by a victory by Christian Mackay-Morgan in the 400m Dash in 49.10 as well as a win by Asa Guest in the 110m Hurdles in 15.12. Guest also secured 3rd place points in the 300m Hurdles. O’Neil Brown took home the gold medal in the Triple Jump with an effort of 44’3”. The High Jump provided a boost to the chase for the team title as O’Neil Brown placed second and Jayson Williams placed third. NW Catholic also scored important second place points in the final 4x400m from the team of Jayden McAdams, Asa Guest, O'Neil Brown and Christian Mackay-Morgan.
More top performers in the CIAC Class M Boys Outdoor Track and Field Championship included:
· Wellington Silva of Ellington took home two victories as he sped to wins in the 100m Dash in 11.07 and the 200m Dash in 22.26.
· Griffin Cobb of Sheehan clocked a 1:55.75 to capture the 800m Run.
· Cameron Garrelts of Haddam Killingworth won the 1600m Run in a fine time of 4:24.89.
· David Clavet of Ellington locked down the victory in the 3200m Run with a 9:35.95 performance.
· Lincoln Robinson of Stonington won the 300m Hurdles in 40.82.
· The 4x100m Relay was won by the Weston team of Baruch Goodman, Nikholas Parker, Kevin Stankiewicz, and Cameron Okoro.
· Haddam-Killingworth took home the gold medals in the 4x800m Relay in a time of 8:09.15 with the team of Ryan Agro, Andrew Meredith, Benjamin Rakowski and Cameron Garrelts.
· Weston won the final 4x400m Relay event in a speedy 3:24.65 with the squad of Baruch Goodman, Nikholas Parker, Kevin Stankiewicz, and Cameron Okoro.
· Devin Craig of Waterford took home top honors in the High Jump by clearing 6’2”.
· Noah Hysong of Ledyard soared 13’0” for the win in the Pole Vault.
· Dyshon Vaughn of Career Magnet leaped 22’4.50” for the gold medal in the Long Jump.
· Nathan Procaccini of East Catholic won the Shot Put with a heave of 46’5”.
· CJ Falcioni of Seymour defended his title in the Discus Throw with a spin of 138’9”.
· Dillon Knupp of Killingly won the Javelin Throw with a toss of 158’6”.
The complete meet results from the CIAC Class M Outdoor Track & Field Championship is available on the Results page sponsored by soundRUNNER of Branford, Fairfield, Glastonbury and Old Saybrook.
The meet results are also available as part of the performance lists at the Athletic.net Connecticut Track and Field Homepage for the 2016 Outdoor Season.