The complete meet records from the 2016 Panther Invitational are now available on the Outdoor Track and Field Records page sponsored by soundRUNNER of Branford, Fairfield, Glastonbury and Old Saybrook. The meet was held at Plainfield High School in Central Village CT on Saturday, April 23, 2016.
The meet featured eighteen events where the record was bettered or tied. The latest meet records include:
· Zaidra Jones of Bloomfield won the 100m Hurdles final in 15.45 to better the former mark of 15.97 set by Katie Beezer of Old Saybrook in 2013.
· The Bloomfield Girls 4x100m Relay team of Erica Belvit, Cassidy Palmer, Zaidra Jones and Cheyenne Brown sped to victory in a meet record 49.30 that lowered the previous time of 51.37 set by Norwich Free Academy in 2013.
· In the Boys 4x100m Relay, the Windsor quartet of Jakwan Simmons, Tyler Cole, Kyshawn Boner and Tim Epps won in 43.16 to eclipse the old mark of 44.74 set by Norwich Free Academy in 2015.
· The Boys 1600m Run featured a meet record time of 4:27.06 by Benjamin Sicilano of Guilford that improved the mark of 4:28.79 set by Carl Underwood of Woodstock Academy in 2010.
· The 400m Dash meet record was bettered for the Girls and Boys events. In the Girls 400m Dash, Jillian Mars of Bloomfield won in 58.91 while in the Boys 400m Dash, Max Veth of Daniel Hand won in 50.35.
· The 300m Hurdles also featured meet record performances in Girls and Boys events. Zaidra Jones of Bloomfield won the Girls race in 45.23 and Laurenzo Thompkins of Middletown won the Boys race in 40.40.
· Another pair of records took place in the 1600m Sprint Medley Relay events. The Windsor Girls team of Madison Alexis, Destiny Johnson, Camille McHenry and Rebecca Samuel won in 4:23.05 while the Windsor Boys squad of Kyshawn Boner, Tyler Cole, Tim Epps and Ryan Harrington won in 3:34.30.
· The Windsor Girls and Boys teams also won the 4x400m Relays in meet records times. The Windsor Girls team of Camille McHenry, Jiana Baker, Annicka McDonald and Sashana Hinds combined for 3:56.38 to erase the former record of 4:09.97 set by NFA in 2013. The Windsor Boys quartet of Marcus Manson, Jinyre Outlaw-Moore, Jakwan Simmons and Chris McLean pooled their efforts for 3:25.64 to reduce the old record of 3:35.40 set by Daniel Hand in 2015.
· Brittany Jones of Bloomfield won the Girls Shot Put with a heave of 40-06.25 to improve the old mark of 35-06 set by Megan Chapman of Stonington in 2011.
· Khyrin Williams of Bloomfield erased the former meet record of 148-11 held by Josh Chaquette of Plainfield in 2011 as he increased the Boys Discus Throw record to 151-08.
· Kenya Warner of Windsor won the Girls Triple Jump with a meet record 35-10.50 that bettered the previous mark of 34-06 set by Abigale Slonski of Griswold in 2013.
· The Boys Triple Jump record was also improved as Collin Wiltshire of Ledyard leaped 42-09.25. Kendall Marquez of Windham set the former record of 42-08 in 2012.
· Olivia Sullivan of Green Farms Academy cleared 5-06 to improve upon the former mark of 5-04 set by Kalli’Ann Botelho of Griswold in 2015.
· DeAaron Lawrence of Middletown won the High Jump with a height of 6-04 that equaled the existing meet record held by Jordan Lumpkins of Plainfield (2014-15), John Floyd of Fitch (2015), Nico Ramos of New London (2014) and Jake Almquist of Woodstock Academy (2013).