The complete meet records from the 11th Bloomfield Invitational are now available on the Outdoor Track and Field Records page sponsored by soundRUNNER of Branford, Fairfield, Glastonbury and Old Saybrook. The meet was held at Bloomfield High School in Bloomfield CT on Saturday, April 9, 2016.
The latest meet records include:
· Brittany Jones of Bloomfield took gold in the Girls Shot Put with a throw of 40’04” that eclipsed the former mark of 38-04 set by Kimmoi Ferguson of Bloomfield in 2015.
· Reece Schachne of Staples won the Girls Discus Throw with a toss of 117’02” to better the old mark of 114-05 set by Olivia Weiner of Staples in 2014.
· Jahleah Harris of Bloomfield leaped 17’-05.5” to win the Girls Long Jump and best the previous mark of 17-02 by Joanne Tobiazs of New Britain in 2015.
· In the new Hammer Throw event this year, Erica Belvit of Bloomfield established the record of 138’-01” for the Girls event while Raheme Dawkins of Bloomfield established the meet record of 136’01” for the Boys event.
· The Glastonbury Girls 4x800m Relay team of Sara Wilcox, Alexandra Ross, Julia Wilcox and Kalyee Stebbins combined for the win in 10:03.37 to lower the former record of 10:11.00 by EO Smith in 2014.
· The Bloomfield Girls 4x100m Relay quartet of Erica Belvit, Zaidra James, Cassidy Palmer and Andrea Mills sped to victory in 48.61 to better the former record of 49.30 set by Wilbur Cross in 2004.
· Erica Belvit of Bloomfield sped to victory in the Girls 100m Dash in 12.33 that lowered the former record of 12.37 by Adrian Jones of Bloomfield in 2013.
· Keyion Dixon of Glastonbury placed first in the Boys 300m Hurdles in 39.54 that was faster than the previous time of 40.39 set by Rashad Ramsey of Windsor in 2013.