Hello to all new and veteran coaches. Hopefully, the following advice answers questions about how to use the companion EZ Meet Services website for the 2016 Outdoor Track and Field Season to view upcoming meet details as well as register and make your Head Count entries.
The EZ Meet Services website is offered as a service for coaches for many scheduled Outdoor T&F Featured Meets this season to make it easier to find all the meet details at each Featured Meet’s website, including how to register for the meet.
EZ Meet also provides information on the meet schedule about several other meets where you can contact the meet director for further information.
EZ Meet Services Outdoor TF news for Featured Meets is on Twitter. Twitter is a free service specializing in the exchange of quick updates. Coaches are urged to click the link to sign up to follow the latest in-season news and alerts about Outdoor TF Featured Meets from your pc, mobile phone or tablet.
Use a specific Featured Meet website link to visit a meet website and read about Meet Information and Registration Instructions as well as Order of Events and Meet Reports. The links to Featured Meet websites are added to the schedule after meet details are approved by the meet director.
For many of the scheduled Featured Meets, EZ Meet employs a 2-step registration;
1) A simple online Intent to Enter form to signify your desire to attend as well as collect your contact information that is only shared with the meet director.
2) Event Entry using the Head Count system hosted by the National Scholastic Athletic Foundation (NSAF). This is the same registration system used for the XC, Indoor and Outdoor National meets.
In the Head Count system, as a new coach, you will need to establish your own user account so that you have secured control over your entries for any of our Featured Meets. Once at the Head Count site, use the Head Count Sign-Up link in the upper right corner to establish your user account before entering your athletes and subsequently entering into meets.
Many veteran coaches can use their existing Head Count user accounts and team rosters from previous XC and/or T&F seasons. Make sure to update any changes to existing athlete data (spelling of names, etc.) or to add new team members before making meet event entries.
Both new and veteran coaches should take advantage of the detailed online Head Count Coaches' Entry Guide available in their Help link (bottom of Head Count website page) that you should print/read before starting your entries.
Further assistance with Head Count is available at the Frequently Asked Questions page at the Head Count site.
Head Count Event Entry Notes:
1. Please ensure that the CT high school athlete names listed on your Head Count Roster match your CIAC Roster for accurate reporting of results.
3. Do not use multiple email accounts for your entries since your school/team entries are registered to a specific email account.
4. Make sure that the School Name linked to your Head Count account is spelled correctly. Ensure the correct school name that will appear in posted results. Use initial caps not all caps. Example: West View, not 'west view' or 'WEST VIEW'.
The Head Count process has been made easier for data entry, you should allow yourself enough time to initially enter your team roster using Head Count. Allow about 5-10 minutes per 10 athletes depending on your typing skills and internet connection. There is no need to retype rosters since you can use existing roster entries if you already have entered a team for previous meet entries at Head Count.
The process has also been made easier to enter athletes into events but you will still need to make sure that you allow yourself enough time to double-check your entries.
Remember, it really is an easy 1-2-3 step process to submit your Event Entries after selecting a meet:
1. Add or change your Roster Names and Grade for boys and girls (then click Continue at bottom of page),
2. Select/place your boys and/or girls from the roster into the appropriate Track or Field Event. Make sure that you enter an appropriate seed mark according to directions on the screen. Make sure to use correct punctuation between numbers.
Track races are entered as: MM:SS.MS (Ex: 2:08.20 for 800m or 10.9 for 100m Dash)
while Field events are entered as: FT-IN.FRACTION (Ex: 32-06.5 for Shot Put or 5-06 for High Jump)
(then click Continue at bottom of page), (some of you may forget to do this step!)
3. You Must Complete your entry with a Success page that you can print and then you will receive an email confirmation from Head Count of your entries.
Remember that you can make changes to your previous meet entries until the stated meet deadline by completing the 3-steps each session.
If you still have questions or comments about a 2016 Outdoor Featured Meet, please contact me at: email@example.com. Make sure to provide sufficient details in your email so that complete responses can be quickly provided.
The MySportsResults.com website continues to provide the latest meet news and results as well as seasonal records similar to the past seventeen years.
Thanks and see you at the next meet!
Ron Knapp, EZ Meet Services