State athletes representing several teams are ready to defend their titles at the 70th Annual New England Interscholastic Outdoor Track and Field Championships scheduled for Saturday, June 13, 2015 at Thornton Academy in Saco, ME. Several athletes are also the top seeded entrants based on their performances at the CIAC State Open meet earlier this week.
Boys Defending New England Champions:
· The third seeded Danbury Boys 4x800m team of Jake Roberts ,Terrell Cunningham, Julio Arredondo, Corey Mullins looks to repeat the winning performance given last year by their former teammates as they bring their 7:58.46 time from the State Open against top seeded Amherst-Pelham MA with a time of 7:47.73
· Defending champion Joseph Fogarasi of Windham (15'6") and State Open third place finisher Ian Bergere of Daniel Hand (15'6") are the top two seeds for the Boys Pole Vault.
Boys New England Top Seeded Entrants:
· The Boys 100m Dash features Connecticut's fastest duo as top seeded Mark Doyley of Weaver (10.82) and second seeded Akiel Smith of Hillhouse-New Haven (10.94) vie for New England honors.
· The Windsor Boys 4x100m Relay team of Courtney Rush, Tyler Coyle, Yishay Brooks and Kyshawn Bonner has been on fire all season as they bring their 41.78 top seed time to the meet.
· The Boys Long Jump features another top two seeds as Anthony Bravo of Staples-Westport (23-9) and Drew Lee of Bristol Central (23-2.25) look to leap to the New England title.
· Ruvens Exantus of Bunnell-Stratford is the top seeded entrant in the Boys Triple Jump with his mark of 46-10.25.
· The Boys Discus Throw features Dan Hardiman of Farmington as the top entrant with his winning toss of 176-00 from the State Open.
Girls New England Top Seeded Entrants:
· The Glastonbury Girls 4x800 Relay team of Morocca Wiley, Olivia Allen, Allison McArdle and Kaitlyn Hebert bring their fastest time of the season of 9:18.60 to start as the top seeded team.
· Gabriella Curtis of Wilbur Cross-New Haven is the top seeded entrant in the Girls 100m Hurdles with her time of 14.78.
· The Girls 300m Hurdles features Jaliyah White of Hillhouse-New Haven with her top mark of 43.18.
· Meet record holder Hannah DeBalsi of Staples-Westport is the top seed with her 10:28.76 time from the State Open meet.
· The Girls 4x400m Relay is highlighted by the two fastest teams from the state with the Windsor team of Torrie Epps, Brittney Brown, Annicka McDonald and Sashana Hinds (3:56.00) and Wilbur Cross team of Claudia Schatz, Sung Mi Johnson, Gabriella Curtis and Danae Rivers (3:58.32).
· Girls Pole Vault State Open Champion Madeleine Schneider of Darien is the top seeded entrant with her 11-00 mark.
· The Girls Triple Jump also features State Open Champion Kenya Warner of Windsor with her top seeded mark of 37-10.5.
Click here for complete New England Outdoor Championship Meet information, including Performance Reports, at the New England Council website.
70th Annual New England Interscholastic Track and Field Championships
Saturday, June 13, 2015 at Thornton Academy in Saco, ME
Order of Events
Field Events: Field events will begin at 10:00 am.
Long Jump: 2 pits – Boys and Girls at the same time (10:00 am) followed by the Triple Jump
Pole Vault: Boys followed by Girls
High Jump: Girls followed by Boys
Shot Put: Girls followed by Boys
Discus: Boys followed by Girls
Javelin: Boys followed by Girls (Javelin will use a grass runway)
Running Events: Running events will begin at 10:30 am.
Boys first except 100m/110m hurdles finals.
1. Finals 4x800m Relay
2. Trials 110m/100m Hurdles - on time 8 to final
3. Trials 100m Dash - on time 8 to final
4. Final 110m/100m Hurdles
5. Final 100m Dash
6. Finals 1600m Run
7. Finals 4x100m Relay
8. Finals 400m Dash
9. Finals 300m Hurdles
10. Finals 800m Run
11. Finals 200m Dash
12. Finals 3200m Run
13. Finals 4x400m Relay
NOTE: Fastest sections will be run last. All athletes must check ONE FULL EVENT PRIOR to their event. Do not miss the check in. In the 100/110 m High Hurdles and 100 m Dash, the top 8 times will advance to the final.